Since 1859, Brink’s has been a trusted name in the security industry. The same reputation for reliability associated with Brink’s famed armored car services was introduced to the home security market in 1983 when Brink’s Home Security, Inc. was founded. Brink’s Home Security changed the home security industry by making high-quality and affordable monitored alarm systems available to most homeowners. Brink’s Home Security’s headquarters are in Irving, Texas, where the National Service Center provides burglar, fire and carbon monoxide alarm monitoring and other customer services. Brink’s Home Security also has a National Customer Contact Center located in Knoxville, Tennessee. Today, over 1,000,000 customers in more than 250 markets in the United States and Canada have chosen Brink’s Home Security as their trusted home security company to provide reliable home security systems.
Brink’s Company History & Facts
- In 1859, Brink’s began as a delivery company.
- By 1956, Brink’s was the world’s largest armored car company.
During its long history, Brink’s has been called on to protect some of the world’s most valued treasures, including:
- The bat with which Hank Aaron broke Babe Ruth’s homerun record.
- The first rock samples brought home from the moon by the astronauts.
- The diamond that Richard Burton gave to Elizabeth Taylor.
- The United States Declaration of Independence.
- The world’s largest uncut diamond.
Brink’s Becomes Broadview Security
In June 2009, The Brink’s Company made an announcement that Brink’s Security would now be Broadview Security. The name change was part of a rebranding effort that would unfortunately fail rather quickly. It was less than one year later that ADT Security purchased Broadview Security to become an even larger residential and commercial security conglomerate.