With card skimming on the rise,anti-skim devices are being created to work with any ATM machine. With more than 1.5 million ATMs around the world, the amount of fraud using skimmind devices is a grave concern for banks and their customers. Nearly $1.2 billion in credit card fraud is linked to ATMs every year.
What is ATM Skimming or Card Skimming?
ATM skimming is the process used by criminals to electronically “skim” a personal credit or debit card, thereby obtaining their personal financial information from the ATM transaction. The perpetrators attach a portable electronic ard reader and mini camera to the ATM, often times camoflauging the unit so well they are almost impossible to notice. Once they have the information they need, they can clone new debit or credit cards, sell the person’s information or even withdraw all the money in an account.
With ATM skimming on the rise, customers are becoming more fearful and losing trust in the bank’s ability to protect their financial security. In a recent survey, 67% of respondents stated they would likely change banking institutions if their information was corrupted from ATM fraud or data breach.
What are the Benefits of ATM Anti-Skimming Devices
- Works with any major ATM or SSST machine
- Detects foreign devicess placed on or near an ATM card reader slot
- Protects against all ATM card trapping, tampering and false-front devices
- Protects integrity of your personal and financial information at ATM machines
- Protects against skimming crimes without affecting ATM customer transactions
- Integrates with alarm detection and video surveillance systems for added protection
- Requires no software modifications
- More than 40,000 global ATM applications